More information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file with harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The utility of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when back to navigate to that page. Although many people don’t know the cookies have been used since 20 years ago, when appeared the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT IS a cookie?
It is not a virus, nor a trojan, nor a worm, ni spam, ni spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
The cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc, The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc
The web server does not associate you as a person if not your web browser. In fact, if you surf regularly with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies there?
- Cookies techniques: Are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when you are navigating a human or an automated application, when browsing an anonymous user and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation that is doing, the sections most used, products consulted, time slot of use, language, etc
- Cookies advertising: Show advertising depending on your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc
What are cookies own and those of third parties?
The party cookies are generated by the page you are visiting and the third party are those generated by services or external providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc
What happens if I disable the cookies?
To understand the scope that may have disable the cookies we show you a few examples:
- you may Not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- will Not be able to access the personal area of that web, such as, for example, My account, or My profile or My orders.
- online Shops: it Will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if it is available.
- will Not be possible to customize your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The web site will not be able to perform analytical web visitors and web traffic, making it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- will Not be able to write on the blog, you may not upload photos, post comments, assess or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- Not be able to display advertising-sectored, which will reduce the advertising income of the web.
Can I delete the cookies?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To delete the cookies of a web site go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Configuration of cookies for the popular browsers
Here’s how to access a cookie certain browser’s Chrome. Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu, or by clicking the icon customization that appears at the top right.
- you will See different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- will Appear a list with all the cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier to find the cookies of a particular domain enter partially or completely the direction in the field Search cookies.
- After making this filter will appear on the screen one or more lines with the cookies of the requested web. Now you just need to select it and click the X to proceed to its elimination.
To access the settings of cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy that you want.
To access the settings of cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- click on Privacy.
- In History choose Use custom settings for history.
- you will Now see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate according to your preferences.
To access the settings of cookies browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock that you want to perform.
To access the settings of cookies browser Safari on iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock that you want to perform.
To access the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to select or clear the check box.
To access the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- you can Now activate or deactivate the checkbox Allow cookies.